Villa Maria School in Stamford, CT is seeking a Technology Director to provide leadership of its educational and administrative technology, which support its students, faculty and staff in this school with the mission of helping students with learning challenges to become successful learners able to return to more traditional school settings.
Villa is a small school with 65 students and a talented faculty. The Technology Director would be the person in charge of technology budgets, long-term planning and management of the school’s technology environment (including computers, iPads, Active Boards, servers, Wi-Fi, software etc.) The ideal candidate would have some or all of the following capabilities:
- Past experience in a school setting
- Knowledge of technology infrastructure
- Able to work with teachers and help them to better understand how technology can support instruction.
- Experience with or knowledge of a Mac platform, Chromebooks, and Promethean Boards.
- Ability to guide the school with the best way to handle or select outside sources to help with its website and selection of a student information system.
- Willingness to learn about new assistive technology and work with faculty to implement new technologies for students needing them.
- Help the school move its data to The Cloud
- Able to conduct staff development sessions
- Evaluate and select vendors, consultants, and equipment, including computers, monitors, printers, copiers, telecommunications, security, alarm and other equipment that can be integrated into the technology used at the school.
Compensation includes full benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Dr. Marjorie E. Castro, Head of School, 161 Sky Meadow Drive, Stamford, CT 06903 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Villa Maria School in Stamford, CT seeks a capable, well-rounded person to provide clerical support for the school. Villa is a school for students with language-based learning challenges. The person selected for this position should have strong computer skills, know Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Power Point), and be efficient, organized, energetic and flexible. He/She should have a welcoming phone manner and be open to new learning including Google products (Google Docs, Google Drive). Suggested but flexible hours 10:00-2:00 (but these can be adjusted). Hourly pay, $15-$20 depending on experience and skill. Send letter of interest and resume to: Villa Maria School, 161 Sky Meadow Drive, Stamford, CT 06903.
Villa Maria accepts applications for Special Education Certified teachers throughout the year in the event our hiring needs change.
Forward cover letter and resume to Marjorie Castro, at email@example.com or mail to Marjorie Castro at Villa Maria School, 161 Sky Meadow Drive, Stamford CT 06903.
Total Enrollment: 65
Teaching faculty: 19
Villa Maria School, founded in 1973 is a State approved school for children with learning disabilities from grades K-9 and is also accredited by the Connecticut State Department of Education and the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
Villa Maria’s Mission
The Villa Maria School is dedicated to developing the full potential of students who are learning disabled by providing its students with an education marked by excellence and enriched by love.
Villa Maria strives to promote the growth of the whole child by providing a small, highly structured, success oriented learning environment. The goals of Villa Maria include helping the students to grow a strong self-image, to return to and succeed in the main-stream classroom, and to participate fully as caring members of the world community. The student’s day is from 8:00 AM – 2:50 PM except for First Fridays of the month, dismissal is at noon, for the teachers’ professional development meetings.
The teachers’ day is from 7:30 AM – 3:15 PM on regular days.
Faculty meetings or professional development is on Wednesdays from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM, and on the first Fridays of the month from 12:15 PM – 3:00 PM.
Teachers report 3 days before the beginning of the students’ school year, and 3 days after the students’ last day of classes.