In addition to the robust and vibrant core academic program, Villa Maria School encourages students to explore their interests and follow their passions with our Electives programs. Students register for their choice of exploratory classes, ranging from arts to sciences to personal wellness. These classes rotate each 8-12 weeks, and allow students a chance to explore new topics or develop previously identified passions. Examples of Elective classes include:
- VMS Design Lab: use 3-D printers and 21st century software to design, build, and print your own 3-D creations
- Lego Robotics: engage in weekly engineering challenges to build motor-driven remote controlled objects using Lego bricks and parts.
- Interscholastic Sports: come join your classmates (middle school) as we practice and compete in cross-country, basketball, and more.
- Gardening: watch science in action and tend the organic VMS garden as we prepare for the autumn harvest.
- Baking: employ math and measurements as we prepare, bake, and eat a variety of from-scratch baked goods.
- Personal Finance: learn about savings, checking, credit, debit, and more as we play board games, challenge each other to pick successful stocks, and learn about how money works in society.