Summer Programs at Villa Maria School
“Villa Maria’s summer session helped our child to not only maintain his skills but deepen his understanding. They had an awesome time and were much more prepared for September’s return to classes.” Parent of a 5th grader.
Does your child want to maintain and strengthen his or her academic skills while enjoying athletics, arts, and technology like 3-D Printing and Lego Robotics?
Then come join our community for the Villa Maria 2017 Summer Session!
With over four decades of success in inspiring students with learning differences, Villa Maria School is proud to offer a July Summer Session rich in academic skills development and fun-filled activities. Led by the veteran faculty and staff of Villa Maria School, the program is a microcosm of our traditional school day, augmented with extra-exciting afternoons of athletics, arts, technology and more.
Villa Maria School Summer Session is for students entering grades 1-8
Dates, Hours and Sample Schedule
July 3 through July 21 with no classes on July 4.
The Summer Session Daily Schedule begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 1:30 PM. Each day includes three 45-minute academic modules of Reading, Writing, and Math, followed by lunch and afternoon activities such as arts, athletics, technology, and games.
- 8:30 AM: arrival and check-in at the student’s home base
- 8:45-9:30 AM: Module 1 (reading for both lower school and middle school students)
- 9:30-9:45 AM: Snack and Break
- 9:45- 10:30 AM: Module 2 (Writing for Lower School students; Writing, Essay Work, and Organizational Skills for Middle Schoolers)
- 10:30-11:15: Module 3 (Math for both Lower and Middle School students)
- 11:15-11:35: Lunch (bring your own lunch)
- 11:40-12:25: Outside games on our seven acre campus including but not limited to:
- Gaga Ball
- Playground Tag
- Soccer and Basketball
- CrossFit-like Stations
- Athletics are moved into our gym on rainy days
- 12:30-1:15: Indoor games and activities, including but not limited to:
- Lego Robotics
- 3-D Printing
- Studio Art
- Board Game Olympics
- 1:20-1:30: Wrap-Up and Plan for Tomorrow
- 1:30 PM: Pick Up and Dismissal
Camper Goals and Outcomes:
All campers will be asked to submit a student learning profile summary and any academic assessment materials prior to the start of camp to formulate a program tailored for your child’s success. Students will receive a list of goals and objectives for their Summer Session, designed with input from their parents, intended to address specific goals for their time with us. Parents will receive a narrative summary at the end of the three-week camp session outlining their child’s progress and performance and potential future goals.
The cost for the three-week program is $3,000. Ensure your child’s success this summer by clicking below:
Contact Stephen Bennhoff, Assistant Head of School for Admissions and External Relations at 203-322-5886, ext. 104 or by email at email@example.com